Connect the HP printer to your Windows.
For Technical Support Call Toll Free 1 800 806 4515
HP printer is supported in the following versions: Windows 8, Windows 7, Vista or XP.
To connect the HP printer to your Windows you have to connect it to the network wirelessly or using Ethernet/USB.
The Hp printer is functioned in windows using the Windows build-in solution. This is because the printer driver is already built in the Windows operating system.
Connecting the printer to the network:
- Go to setup.
- Choose Network or Wireless Menu.
- Touch Wireless Setup Wizard.
- Before you go any further make sure you know the name (SSID) and password (WEP/WPA) of your network. If you can’t remember what it is you can always reach the person who set the network for you.
- Choose your wireless network name.
- Enter in your password.
- Your printer will be connected to the network shortly. You may print a test report to confirm
There’s no need to install the printer driver for Windows separately. The printer driver is installed automatically when you update the Windows software.
- Head on to Windows search tool.
- Click on Start.
- On search menu bar type change device installation.
- Device installation window opens.
- Select for the option that says update automatically.
- Hit save changes.
Printer driver installation:
- Go to start.
- Type in add printer on the search menu bar.
- A new window opens which asks which type of printer you want to install.
- If you opt for a network connection then select the option that says Add a network wireless or Bluetooth printer.
- Click on use an existing port.
- Hit next.
- But if you opt for USB connection Add a local printer.
- Select your printer name.
- Select next.
- A new window appears that says install the printer driver.
- Click on windows update tab.
- A list of printer manufacturers appear, select HP or Hewlett Packard.