HP Envy 7640 printer Installaion settings
operation. You can use mobile printing features like HP ePrint and Apple AirPrint on Android, iOS, Windows 8, Blackberry, and Windows RT devices. The printer supports three network interfaces. To know more about this HP Envy 7640 printer settings and its functions, scroll down this page.
How to Print?
- First, connect your printer and the computer to the same network.
- Make sure that the input tray contains enough paper to perform the print operation.
- Open the document to print on your computer. Click File > Print.
- Select your printer. Go to the Print Properties dialog box to set more print preferences.
- Finally, click Print. Now, the selected document will be printed on the printer.
How to Scan?
Performing the SCAN operation using HP Smart on Mac:
- Download and install the HP Smart app on your Mac computer.
- Launch the app and select your printer by following the on-screen instructions.
- Load the document you want to scan on the scanner glass or the document feeder of the printer using the HP Envy 7640 printer settings.
- Click the Scan button on the app window. Set the scan preferences and click Scan. Now, the document will be scanned by the printer.
- If you want to modify the scanned document, click Edit. To continue the scan operation, click the Add Pages button.
How to Copy?
- Power on your printer.
- Get the original document to be copied and load it on the scanner glass or in the printer’s ADF feeder.
- Tap Copy, Copy Document, or Copy Photo > Settings.
- Set the copy preferences as per your desire.
- Finally, press the Start Black, Start Color, or OK button to begin the copy operation using the HP Envy 7640 printer settings.
HP Envy 7640 Driver Download
- Click the Driver Download button provided on this web page.
- Now, based on your current OS type, the available printer driver file will be downloaded.
- You can also download the printer driver from the official HP site.
HP Envy 7640 Setup
- Unbox the carton and take out the printer and its components.
- Remove all the packing tapes from the printer.
- Connect your printer to an electrical outlet using the supplied power cord.
- Pull the input tray out of the printer.
- Place a stack of plain A4 paper in the tray. Push the input tray into the printer.
- Unpack the ink cartridges. Now, open your printer’s cartridge access and install the ink cartridges into their slots. Close the cartridge access door on the HP Envy 7640 printer settings.
- Tap the OK button on the control panel.
- Now, the alignment page will be printed on the printer. If the printer fails to print the alignment page, then perform the instructions displayed on the printer’s screen to fix it.
- Install the printer driver on your computer using the setup CD or the downloaded driver file. Make sure to connect the HP printer to your computer only when prompted during the driver installation.
- Finally, perform a test print.
HP Envy 7640 Driver Install
- Insert the printer setup CD into your computer’s CD drive.
- Once the installer file detects your OS type, the installation wizard will be launched automatically.
- Accept the terms and conditions of HP and follow the prompts displayed on the screen to complete the installation.
- Make sure to connect the printer to your computer only when prompted during the driver installation.
- Finally, try a test print.
- Download the HP Envy 7640 printer driver from the HP website.
- Double-click on the printer driver file to open it.
- Select the connection type and respond to the prompts as per your desire.
- If prompted, enter your Mac computer’s password to complete the driver installation.
- Once the driver is installed, try to perform the print operation after the HP Envy 7640 printer settings from your Mac computer.
HP Envy 7640 Wireless Setup
Setting up your HP Envy 7640 printer over a wireless network (Windows)
- First, gather your wireless network’s name and password.
- Second, connect your computer to the wireless network.
- Make sure that your wireless router/access point is turned ON.
- Check if any USB or network cable is connected to the printer. If yes, disconnect it.
- Now, power on your printer.
- Tap the Wireless icon on the printer’s control panel.
- Tap Settings > Wireless Settings > Wireless Setup Wizard in the HP Envy 7640 printer settings.
- Connect your HP printer to the Wi-Fi network by following the prompts on the printer’s LCD screen.
- Now, install your printer’s driver file on the computer by following the instructions displayed on the screen.
- Finally, try a test print to check the connectivity status.
HP Envy 7640 Troubleshooting
The section below explains some quick solutions to resolve the HP printer offline, paper jam, and scanner issues. To get remote assistance on the same or the other printer issues, contact us.
- First of all, check if your HP Envy 7640 printer is turned ON. If not, turn it ON.
- Check if the printer is set as the default printer on your computer. If not, set it as default and then check if the printer offline issue is resolved.
- On your computer, run HP Print and Scan Doctor to check the connectivity status.
- Make sure that the HP printer and your computer are connected to the same network.
- If not, connect them over the same network.
- If the printer offline issue persists, restart the printer and computer.
- Make sure to select the correct printer while configuring the print operation in HP Envy 7640 printer settings.
- Initially, make sure that you have selected the correct printer.
- If not, select it and then perform the print operation.
- Check if the paper tray contains enough paper to perform the print operation.
- If not, load the tray with enough paper. from the HP Envy 7640 printer settings to know how to load paper.
- Check if the ink cartridges are installed correctly.
- If not, install them correctly and then perform the print operation.
- Make sure that your HP printer is set as the default printer on the computer.
- If not, set it as the default printer and then perform the print operation.
- Remove your printer from the installed printers list.
- Install the latest printer driver and then re-add the printer on the computer.
If you encounter the scanning issue on the HP Envy 7640 printer after updating your macOS, then follow the simple, quick solutions given below.
- Initially, make sure that you have set up the scan settings correctly.
- If not, correct them and then try to perform the scan operation.
- Try to scan your document using Apple Image Capture. Click Finder > Go. Open the Applications window by double-clicking on it. Double-click on the Image Capture option. Choose your HP printer from the list and then click Scan.
- If the scanning issue persists, then uninstall and reinstall the printer software on your computer.
- If the driver reinstallation does not fix the issue, restart your Mac computer and configure the HP Envy 7640 printer settings.
- Check whether the Scan to Computer option is enabled or not. To check it, open the Macintosh HD window. Go to Applications. Double-click HP > HP Utility. Navigate to the Scan Settings section and click the Scan to Computer option. Select the Enable Scan to Computer option by clicking the checkbox beside it.
- Now, try to perform the scan operation.
- If you have used the wireless network to connect the printer to your Mac computer, then try the USB cable connection.
Removing jammed paper from the input tray:
- Turn your HP printer off.
- Pull out the output tray followed by the input tray.
- Take the loose sheets of paper from the input tray.
- Search for the jammed paper inside the printer.
- If you find any, remove it.
- Once the jammed paper is removed, push in the input tray.
- Now, try to perform a test print to check if the paper jam issue is resolved after configure the HP Envy 7640 printer settings.