HP DesignJet T630
HP DesignJet T630 is a wireless plotter printer that is specifically designed for office use. It a large format color plotter Inkjet printer that can print in high-resolution. The printer supports 36 inches wide media rolls. It supports a print speed of 30 seconds on A1/D size. You can print either with the HP Smart app, HP Easy Start, HP Support Assistant, or HP DesignJet Utility. You can easily print multi-size projects with the help of the plotter printer. The printer supports Hi-Speed USB 2.0, Wi-Fi 802.11, and Gigabit Ethernet (1000Base-T) interfaces and comes with one year warranty. If you want to set up the HP DesignJet T630 Printer, proceed with the steps given below.
Step 1: Connecting the HP DesignJet T630 printer to a power source
- Start by unpacking the printer. Remove the packing materials after taking out the printer from the packaging box.
- Place the printer on a flat location to begin the setup.
- Connect the power cord to the rear side of the printer and plug in the other end to an electrical outlet.
- You can find the Power button on the rear side of the printer. Press it to turn on the printer.
- After connecting the printer to the power outlet, set the language to start the HP DesignJet T630 printer setup.
Step 2: Setting up the language
- Now, set the language on the printer.
- Touch the Settings icon on the touchscreen display of the printer.
- Select the Preferences option and tap Language.
- Now, choose your preferred language and save it.
Step 3: Loading media
- You can load rolls or single sheets into the printer.
- If you want to load a stack of single sheets, use the multi-sheet tray.
Loading a media roll to the spindle:
- First, take out the spindle from the printer.
- You can see a blue stop at each end to keep the roll in position. Now, remove the stop from the end of the spindle to load a new roll.
- If the media roll is long, keep the spindle horizontally on a table.
- Now, load the media roll on the table by sliding the new roll onto the spindle.
- Make sure that the media type meets the specifications of the printer.
- If the roll is not loading, turn it 180 degrees and slide it back onto the spindle.
- You can refer to the labels on the spindle to load the roll correctly.
- Put another blue paper stop on the other end of the spindle and push it towards the end of the media roll.
Loading paper into the multi-sheet tray:
- If the roll is out of paper, the multi-sheet tray is activated by default.
- Now, slide the input tray extensions according to the length of the paper you are going to load.
- The first tray extension is for A4 and the second extension is for A3 paper.
- Make sure that all the paper you have loaded are of the same size.
- Load the stack of paper into the tray with the print side facing outwards. Slide the paper guides to adjust the width of the paper.
- To continue with the physical setup of the HP DesignJet T630 printer, proceed to load ink cartridges.
Step 4: Loading ink cartridges
- Ensure that the printer is turned on.
- Open the cartridge access door and unpack a new ink cartridge.
- Press the ink cartridge inside. Ensure that the ink cartridge you load has the same colored letter as the cartridge you are installing.
- Repeat the same steps and install the other ink cartridges.
- Close the ink cartridge access door.
- You have now completed the physical setup of the HP DesignJet T630 printer.
Step 5: Aligning the print head
- Load a paper before aligning the print head.
- Touch the Settings icon and select Printer Maintenance.
- Select the Align the Printhead option and wait for about five minutes until the aligning process is complete.
Step 6: Connecting the printer to your device
- Install the HP Smart app on your device to connect your printer.
- If you are connecting the HP DesignJet T630 printer to a mobile device, get the HP Smart application from the App Store to the Google Play Store app.
- On a desktop, open your browser and go to the official HP website.
- You can download the HP Smart app after choosing your operating system.
- Now, install the HP Smart app by following the on-screen instructions.
- Make sure to connect your printer and device to the same wireless network.
- To connect the HP DesignJet printer to a Mac device, open System Preferences and select Printers and Scanners.
- Select the Add a new printer option.
- Click the IP tab and type your IP address. Select the protocol HP JetdirectSocket. Select Continue and add the printer.
- To AirPrint from an iOS device, you don’t have to install the driver. Connect your device and printer to the same wireless network.
- You have now completed the setup of the HP DesignJet T630 printer.