Configure Your HP Deskjet 2338 Printer Setup
HP Deskjet 2338 is an All-in-One printer that supports the print, copy, and scan operations. This printer is best suitable for home and office purposes. It has a 60-sheet paper input tray and supports A4, B5, A6, and DL envelope. However, this printer doesn’t have any touchscreen control panel and does not support wireless printing. Scroll down this page to get configure your HP Deskjet 2338 printer setup.
How To Copy?
- Turn on the HP printer and load some plain paper into the main paper input tray.
- Make sure to adjust the loaded paper with the paper width guides.
- Next, place the original document you wish to copy on the scanner glass.
- Finally, press the Start Copy Color or Start Copy Black button to make copies on your HP Deskjet 2338 printer.
- Press the Start button multiple times to increase the number of copies. The copy will start once you have finished pressing the Start button.
- Turn on your HP Deskjet 2338 printer and connect it to your Windows computer using a standard USB cable.
- Load some plain paper into the paper input tray and make sure you have properly adjusted them with the paper width guides.
- On your computer, open the print application and click the File menu at the top-left corner.
- Select Print from the drop-down menu to open the Print dialog box.
- Choose your printer’s name in the Print dialog box and click the Properties button.
- Verify your print settings in the Printer Properties window.
- If necessary, change the default print settings and click OK.
- Finally, click Print in the Print dialog box.
- Wait until your photo or document is printed.
- If you cannot print your documents or photos and having problems on your HP Deskjet 2338 printer setup, contact our technical support team for remote assistance.
- Before starting, verify that your printer and computer are connected properly.
- Lift the scanner lid and place your original document on the scanner glass.
- Download and install the full-featured printer driver on your Windows computer to get the HP Scan software.
- If you have already installed the HP Scan software on your computer and have not yet updated it, do it first and then scan it with the application.
- Click the Start menu and type ‘hp’ in the search panel.
- From the search result, select your printer to open the HP Printer Assistant.
- In the HP Printer Assistant window, click the Scan tab and select Scan a Document or Photo to open HP Scan.
- In the HP Scan window, change the required settings and select the Show Viewer After Scan checkbox to scan multiple documents.
- After verifying the scan settings, click Scan and wait until the original document is scanned.
- To add pages, click the Add pages icon and select Scan.
- Once you have completed scanning your documents, click Save after the HP Deskjet 2338 printer setup.
- On your Windows computer, launch the HP Smart app and click Continue on the Welcome screen for HP Deskjet 2338 printer driver.
- Click Yes and choose the Set up a New Printer option.
- Click the Add Printer button or Plus Sign on the home screen.
- Choose your printer from the displayed list (if listed) and click Continue.
- If your printer is not listed, click the Set Up a New Printer button and select the USB option.
- Next, connect your printer to your computer using a USB cable and wait until the HP Smart app detects your printer.
- Finish the setup by following the on-screen prompts and verify whether your printer is added to the HP Smart app.
- On your computer, open the default browser after ensuring that you have a standard Internet connection.
- Visit the official HP site and enter your printer’s model number in the search field. Press Enter to go to the support page.
- Click the Software, Drivers and Firmware button and click on the Choose a different OS link.
- Choose your computer’s OS and its version from the drop-down menus and click the Update button.
- Expand Driver-Product Installation Software and click the Install HP Smart button to download the HP Smart app.
- After completing the download, double-click the downloaded file from the Downloads folder on your computer.
- Complete the software installation with the help of the on-screen prompts for HP Deskjet 2338 printer driver download.
How To Print?
How To Scan?
HP Deskjet 2338 Driver Settings
Using the HP Smart app:
HP Deskjet 2338 Download
You can download the HP Deskjet 2338 printer’s driver by clicking the Driver Download button available on this page. However, you can also download it from the official HP site.
HP Deskjet 2338 Installation Settings
- First, unpack your printer and take out the printer supplies.
- Remove all the protective tapes and covers from the printer.
- Connect your printer to an electrical outlet using the supplied power cord and turn on the printer.
- Next, open the ink cartridge access door and wait until the ink carriage moves to the center position.
- Unpack the ink cartridges and remove the plastic tape covering the nozzle area without touching the copper-colored parts.
- Insert the supplied black ink cartridge in the right slot of the ink carriage and the tri-color cartridge in the left slot.
- Close the ink cartridge access door after installing the ink cartridges.
- Raise the paper input tray and load some legal plain paper into it. Make sure to adjust the paper width guides.
- Open the paper output tray.
- When the alignment page has been printed, place it on the scanner glass and press the Start Copy Color or Start Copy Black button to align the ink cartridges.
- Finally, install the HP Deskjet 2338 printer software on your computer and verify the printer functionality.
HP Deskjet 2338 Scanning Issues
- Scanning issues are common in the HP Deskjet printers.
- The first thing you need to do is check whether you have properly placed the original document on the scanner glass.
- Next, check the scan settings in the HP Scan window.
- Make sure to select the correct document source, file format, and other scan settings in the HP Scan window.
- If you are scanning multiple pages on the HP Deskjet 2338 scanner, make sure to select the Show Viewer After Scan checkbox.
- Verify the connection between your printer and the computer. Check if you are using a standard USB cable.
- After ensuring the configured scan settings, scan your document to check if the problem has been resolved.
- If the problem persists, download the HP Print and Scan Doctor diagnostic tool on your computer.
- Run the tool to detect your printer issues and troubleshoot the problem automatically.
HP Deskjet 2338 Paper Jam Issues
- When a paper is jammed inside your printer, pull it out gently without damaging the internal parts.
- Check the paper output tray and ink cartridge access door for any torn pieces and jammed paper.
- After removing the jammed paper, restart your printer and try printing a test page to check if the HP Deskjet 2338 printer setup problem has been resolved.
- Use only the printer-supported paper for printing/copying.
- To avoid the paper jam issue in the future, fan the printer-supported paper before loading them in the paper input tray.
HP Deskjet 2338 Wireless Settings
The HP Deskjet 2338 printer does not support wireless printing. So, you cannot connect any wireless device to your printer. However, you can try connecting your devices if they support the USB connection.
HP Deskjet 2338 Inch Usb Settings
Using the HP Easy Start software:
- Before starting, make sure that you have removed the previously installed HP printer driver on your computer.
- Download the HP Easy Start software from the official HP site.
- Do not connect your printer until prompted during the driver setup.
- Run the downloaded HP Easy Start software and follow the on-screen prompts to start the setup.
- Choose the USB connection as your connection type and establish the connection between your printer and the computer.
- Select the required software in the HP Easy Start window and complete the installation.
- Once you have finished the setup, try to print or scan to verify your printer functionality after the HP Deskjet 2338 printer setup.