HP Envy Photo 6255 Printer Setup
HP Envy Photo 6255 is an All-in-One printer that comes with a color touchscreen control panel. This printer supports wireless connectivity and so you can quickly connect any wireless device using WPS or Wi-Fi Direct. The HP Envy Photo 6255 Printer Setup, can also scan and copy any documents.
HOW TO COPY
- Turn on the printer first and then load the original document facing down on the scanner glass.
- Navigate to the printer’s control panel and tap the Copy icon.
- Choose the number of copies and specify the required copy settings in the Settings menu.
- After selecting the required copy settings, tap Start Black or Start Color to make copies.
HOW TO PRINT
Printing photos using the HP printer software:
- Make sure to load some plain paper into the paper input tray before starting to print.
- Connect your printer and the computer using a standard USB cable or over a wireless network.
- Open the printer software on your computer and select Print from the File menu.
- Choose your printer’s name from the pull-down menu and click the Properties button.
- In the Printer Properties window, select the required print settings and click OK.
- After verifying the print settings, click Print or OK in the Print dialog box to print your photos.
HOW TO SCAN
- Ensure that your HP printer is turned on and connected properly to your Windows computer.
- Next, place the original document on the scanner glass and open the HP printer software on your computer.
- Once the printer software has been launched, click the Scan tab beneath Print & Scan.
- Click on Scan a Document or Photo to open the HP Scan window.
- Select the type of scan you wish in the Scan Shortcuts section.
- Set the scan preferences and click Scan to start scanning your original document.
HP ENVY PHOTO 6255 DRIVER SETTINGS
Installing the Windows built-in printer driver:
- First, change the device installation settings to set Windows Update to download the printer driver automatically.
- Connect the HP Envy Photo 6255 printer to your computer via a USB cable.
- On your computer, open the Control Panel and click the Devices and Printers tab.
- Click the Add a printer button at the top and choose your printer from the displayed list.
- If your printer is not recognized by the computer, click on the ‘The printer that I want isn’t listed’ link.
- Select the Add a local printer or network printer with manual settings option and click Next.
- Choose the Use an existing port option and click Next.
- Click on Windows Update and wait for the printer to be updated.
- Select HP from the Manufacturer panel and click on your printer’s model number in the Printers section.
- Click Next and carry out the on-screen instructions to install the printer driver.
- After completing the installation, disconnect the USB cable from the computer and reconnect it.
HP ENVY PHOTO 6255 DOWNLOAD
You can download the driver for the HP Envy Photo 6255 printer by clicking the Driver Download button available on this page. However, you can also download it from the official HP site using these steps.
- Before starting, verify that you have removed the previously installed HP printer drivers on your computer if any.
- Open the default browser after ensuring that you have a standard Internet connection.
- Visit the official HP site and enter your printer’s model number in the search field. Press the Enter key and you will be directed to the product support page.
- Click the Software, Drivers and Firmware tab and wait until your OS is detected automatically.
- If your OS has not been detected correctly, click on the Choose a different OS link and select your OS and its version from the drop-down menu.
- Select the required printer driver from the displayed list and click the Download button.
- Wait until the download is completed.
- After completing the download, open the Downloads folder on your browser and double-click the downloaded file to run the driver installation.
HP ENVY PHOTO 6255 INSTALLATION SETTINGS
The installation settings of the HP Envy Photo 6255 printer include the basic HP Envy Photo 6255 Printer Setup. To know more about HP Envy Photo 6255 installation settings, keep reading the instructions given below.
- Unpack the printer from the product box and take out the printer supplies.
- Remove the protective tapes and packing materials from the printer.
- Connect the printer to a power outlet using the supplied power cord and turn on the printer.
- Set your language, country, date, and time on the printer’s control panel and tap Yes.
- Lift/open the ink cartridge access door and wait until the carriage moves to an idle position.
- Unpack the ink cartridges from the package and remove the protective seals without touching the copper-colored parts.
- Insert the color ink cartridge into the left slot and the black ink cartridge on the right.
- Close the ink cartridge access door and pull out the paper input tray from the printer.
- Load some legal plain paper into the tray and adjust them with the paper width guides.
- Push the paper input tray back into the printer and wait until the printer prints a calibration page.
- Finally, install the printer software on your computer and verify the printer functionality.
HP ENVY PHOTO 6255 SCANNING ISSUES
- Do you face scanning issues frequently on your HP Envy Photo 6255 printer? There might be several reasons for these issues.
- Verify the connection between your printer and the computer.
- If you have connected them wirelessly, check the Wi-Fi status.
- On your computer, uninstall and reinstall the printer software.
- Open the Services window and search for Windows Image Acquisition (WIA).
- Verify that the WIA service is running and the startup type is set to automatic.
- If the problem remains unsolved, download the HP Print and Scan Doctor diagnostic tool from the official HP site.
- Run the downloaded diagnostic tool and follow the on-screen prompts to fix the scanning issues.
HP ENVY PHOTO 6255 PAPER JAM ISSUES
- Sometimes, the Paper Jam error might be a false one. In such cases, restarting your printer may resolve the error.
- If the problem persists, press the Power button to turn off the printer and open the ink cartridge access door.
- Visually check the paper path inside the printer for any jammed paper.
- If you detect any paper jammed inside the printer, remove it gently without damaging the internal parts.
- Close the ink cartridge access door and restart your printer.
- To avoid the paper jam error in the future, fan the plain paper stack before loading them into the paper input tray.
HP ENVY PHOTO 6255 WIRELESS SETTINGS
Wireless setup using the printer’s control panel:
- Before starting, identify the wireless network settings such as SSID and network key.
- Make sure to place your printer close to your router to reduce Wi-Fi interference.
- Navigate to the printer’s control panel and tap the Wireless button or go to the Wireless Settings menu.
- Choose the Wireless Setup Wizard option or tap Network HP Envy Photo 6255 Printer Setup.
- Select your SSID from the displayed list and enter your network key to connect your printer to the local wireless network.
- Install the HP Smart app on the computer connected to the same wireless network.
- Choose the Wi-Fi connection option as your connection type and follow the on-screen prompts.
- Finally, print a test page remotely from your computer to the HP Envy Photo 6255 printer to verify the wireless setup.
HP ENVY PHOTO 625 USB SETTINGS
Using the HP Easy Start software:
- Make sure you have a standard USB cable for the HP Envy Photo 6255 Printer Setup.
- Place your printer closer to your computer.
- Remove any previously installed printer drivers on your computer.
- Download the HP Easy Start software from the official HP site.
- Before launching the downloaded software, ensure that you have completed the basic printer settings.
- Make sure that you have not connected your printer to your computer via a USB cable. If so, disconnect the USB cable from the computer.
- Run the HP Easy Start software and follow the on-screen prompts.
- When prompted, choose the USB connection option as your connection type and carry out the on-screen instructions to establish the USB connection between your printer and the computer.
- After establishing the connection, try printing a test page to verify the connection.