Hp Office Jet 5740 Installation Settings
- Take out the HP OfficeJet Pro 5740 printer from the carton and remove the accessories provided along with the printer.
- Remove the protective tapes and the packaging materials from the printer.
- Take out the power cord from the sealed packaging, connect the main to the power source, and the other end of the cord to the rear end of the HP printer.
- Tap the Power button on the printer. Select the language of your choice from the printer Control panel.
- Install the ink cartridges and paper on the printer.
- Now, you can proceed with the driver download/installation.
- You can have the driver downloaded from the official HP support page or with the Installation CD that came along with the printer.
HP OFFICE JET PRO 5740 PRINTER SETTINGS
- Once you have the HP OfficeJet Pro 5740 printer downloaded and installed on your computer, you will have a wide range of settings to work with.
- You can perform scanning, copying, printing, and also fax your documents with just one click away. Some of the common ‘How To’ functions are described below.
HOW TO COPY
- Before you perform a Copy on the HP OfficeJet printer, you have to make sure that paper is loaded in the paper tray.
- Always keep the original documents facing down on the scanner glass.
- Press the Home button on the HP printer Control Panel.
- Make use of the navigation buttons on the printer and select the Copy option.
- Make the required preferences in the display and select the number of copies you need to make.
- You can select the Color or Black option to select the color of the copy.
- There are many options you can make in the copy settings on the printer:
- Paper size
- Paper type
- Tray selection
HOW TO SCAN
- With the help of the HP OfficeJet Pro printer, you can scan your documents at ease and then save them to different destinations.
- There are three different methods on how you can scan the document placed on the HP OfficeJet printer.
- Scan the Original
- Scan using Webscan
- Scanning as Editable text
- Load the scan document on the scanner glass of the HP printer.
- Before your proceed, make sure the printer is connected to the computer and it is turned on.
- Press the Home button on the printer Control Panel and then select the Scan option.
- Tap the Computer option and choose your computer.
- Select the required scan type and then tap the Start Scan option.
HOW TO PRINT
- In order to print, you need to have the HP printer software downloaded and installed on your computer.
- Open the HP printer software on the computer.
- Make sure the HP OfficeJet printer is the default printing device.
- Click the Properties tab and then select the appropriate settings that are needed for the printer.
- In the Layout tab, select the orientation (Portrait or Landscape).
- Select the paper quality, output, and other settings.
- Click the OK button and then click Print.
HP OFFICE JET PRO 5740 DRIVER SETTINGS
- When you have the printer driver downloaded and installed, you can perform several actions.
- Since the HP OfficeJet Pro 5740 is an all-in-one printer, the driver will have all the necessary settings and software to have the best printing, scanning, or copy output.
HP OFFICE JET PRO 5740 DRIVER DOWNLOAD
- Even though the HP OfficeJet Pro 5740 comes with the Installation CD, you have the option of downloading the driver from the official HP Support page.
- Open the default browser on your computer.
- Enter the URL for the HP Support page in the address bar and press the Enter button.
- Enter the printer model number in the search bar and press the Enter button.
- The HP Customer Support page will open.
- Click the drivers’ option to expand.
- Select the Operating System of your computer or laptop and click the Download button located right next to the selected driver.
HP OFFICE JET PRO 5740 DRIVER INSTALLATION
- Once the HP printer driver is downloaded to the computer, open the downloads section in the browser.
- Perform a double-click on the downloaded file to run the installation.
- Click on the checkbox to accept the license agreement.
- Follow the on-screen instructions.
- Choose the type of connection and follow the on-screen instructions.
- Complete the driver installation for the HP OfficeJet Pro 5740 printer and print a test page.
FIX HP OFFICE JET PRO 5740 SCANNING ISSUES
If you are encountering a scanning error on the HP OfficeJet Pro 5740 printer, you can download the HP Scan Utility to have the issue resolved in no time.
Some issues related to scanning are given below:
Printer not responding:
- Make sure the printer is turned on and connected to the power source.
- Make sure the documents to be scanned are properly placed on the scanner glass.
- Make sure you are using the valid HP printer software based on the Operating System.
Poor Scan Quality:
- Make sure the scanner glass is clean because that could be the main source for the clean scans.
- Make sure the original documents do not have any blots or smudges, and they are bound to give you bad scan qualities.
HP OFFICE JET PRO 5740 PAPER JAM ISSUES
- Turn off the HP OfficeJet Pro 5740 printer.
- Open the cartridge access door and see if you find any jammed paper inside.
- Remove the jammed paper and the fragments of the paper from the roller and close the cartridge door.
- The other place where you will find the jammed paper is in the printer tray area.
- Pull out the paper tray from the printer.
- Check the gap between the paper tray if you find any jammed paper present. Remove the jammed paper and the fragments from the tray.
- Push the tray back into the printer and then press the Power button to turn it on.
HP OFFICE JET PRO 5740 WIRELESS SETTINGS
- Make sure your wireless router is turned on and you know its SSID and password.
- Make sure your computer is connected to the same network.
- Turn on the printer and touch Settings.
- Select Wireless Settings > Wireless Setup Wizard.
- Choose your network SSID and enter the password by following the instructions on the printer control panel.
- After connecting the printer to the wireless network, install the printer driver on your computer and add the printer to it.
HP OFFICE JET PRO 5740 USB SETTINGS
- With the help of the USB connection, you will be able to connect the HP printer to the wireless network (If you are not using the HP Wireless Direct).
- Once you have the HP printer driver downloaded from the Official HP Support page, run the installation.
- You will be prompted to select the type of connection you want to make.
- Take out the USB cable from the sealed package, connect the USB to the HP printer and the other end of the cable to the computer.
- Follow the on-screen instructions and then wait for the computer to detect the connected printer.
- Once the password verification is complete, you can access your printer from the computer.