HP Office Jet Pro 8620
HP OfficeJet Pro 8620 is an all-in-one printer specially built for office use. With mobile printing technology, you can print on this printer from any mobile device that is connected to your wireless network. This particular printer has a printing speed of 21 pages per minute (Black) and 16 pages per minute (Color). With the wireless printing and the HP Wireless connection, you can connect the printer to the wireless network in seconds without any hassle.
HP OFFICE JET PRO 8620 INSTALLATION SETTINGS
- Take out the HP OfficeJet Pro 8620 printer from the carton and take out all the accessories.
- Remove the protective tapes and the packaging materials from the HP printer.
- Now, you have to install the duplexer on the printer. The duplexer is provided along with the printer box.
- Take out the power cord from the sealed packaging, connect the main to the power source, and the other end of the power cord to the rear end of the HP printer.
- Press the Power button located at the bottom left corner of the front side to turn the printer on.
- Select the language from the printer control panel.
- Load enough paper in the paper tray.
- Open the ink cartridge access door and wait till the printer is idle.
- Unpack the ink cartridges and install them in their slots.
- Close the ink cartridge access door.
- Now, you can proceed with the driver installation on your computer.
- You can have the driver downloaded from the Official HP support page or with the Installation CD that came along when you purchased the printer.
HOW TO COPY
- Before you perform a Copy operation on the printer, you have to make sure there is enough paper loaded in the paper tray.
- Always keep the original documents facing down on the scanner glass.
- Tap the Home button on the printer control panel.
- Select the Copy option.
- Make the Copy preferences in the display and select the number of copies.
- You can select the Color or Black option to select the color of the copy.
- There are many options you can make in the copy settings and a few are mentioned below.
- Paper size
- Paper type
- Tray selection
HOW TO SCAN
- Place the original document scanned on the scanner glass.
- Make sure the printer is connected to the computer and is turned on.
- Check if you have installed the printer driver on the computer.
- In the printer software, go to the Scan section and enable the Manage Scan to computer option on the Windows computer.
- Touch the Home button on the printer control panel and then select the Scan option.
- Select your computer connected to the printer.
- Select the type of scan you want to perform and then touch the Start Scan option.
HOW TO PRINT
- In order to print, you need to have the HP printer software downloaded and installed on your computer.
- Have the required amount of paper loaded in the tray.
- Open the document you want to print on the computer.
- Select the print option on the application and choose the HP printer if required.
- Click the Properties button and choose the required print settings.
- In the Layout tab, select the orientation (Portrait or Landscape).
- Select the paper quality, output, and other settings.
- Click the OK button and then click Print.
HP OFFICE JET PRO 8620 DRIVER SETTINGS
- When you have the printer driver downloaded and installed on your computer, you can perform several actions.
- Since the HP OfficeJet Pro 8620 is an all-in-one printer, the driver will have all the necessary actions and settings to configure the print, scan, copy, and fax functions.
HP OFFICE JET PRO 8620 DRIVER DOWNLOAD
- Even though the HP OfficeJet Pro 8620 comes with the Installation CD, you have the option of downloading the driver from the official HP support page.
- Open the default browser on your computer.
- Enter the URL for the HP support page in the address bar and press the Enter button.
- Enter the printer model number in the search bar and press the Enter button.
- On the printer’s page, click the Software, Drivers and Firmware tab.
- Select the operating system of your computer and download the recommended driver package.
HP OFFICE JET PRO 8620 DRIVER INSTALLATION
- Once the HP printer driver is downloaded to the computer, open the downloads section in the browser.
- Perform a double-click on the downloaded file to run the installation.
- Accept the license agreement in the installation wizard.
- Follow the on-screen instructions.
- Choose the type of connection and follow the on-screen instructions.
- The driver installation for the HP OfficeJet Pro 8620 printer is complete.
HP OFFICE JET PRO 8620 SCANNING ISSUES
Some of the scanning issues you will face on your HP OfficeJet 8620 are:
Printer not responding:
- Make sure the printer is turned on and connected to the power source.
- Make sure the documents to be scanned are properly placed on the scanner glass.
- Make sure you have installed the printer software on your computer.
Scanning takes longer than expected:
- Make sure you have the documents placed correctly in the scanner glass.
- Make sure you have the valid settings input before performing the scan.
- If required, reduce the scan resolution and check if the issue could be solved.
Poor Scan Quality:
- Make sure the scanner glass is clean because that is the main source for the clean scans.
- Make sure the original documents do not have any blots or smudges. If so, they are bound to give you bad scan qualities.
HP OFFICE JET PRO 8620 PAPER JAM ISSUES
Paper jams in the HP printer occur in two places:
Inside the printer:
- Open the duplexer of the printer by pressing the buttons on either side.
- See if there are any jammed papers stuck inside. If any, grasp and pull out the papers and the remaining fragments.
In the Auto Document Feeder:
- Lift the Auto Document Feeder and press the Green tab cover.
- Open the cover and see if there are any fragments of paper and jammed paper.
- Grasp the paper and pull it out from the rollers.
- Close the cover of the Auto Document Feeder.
HP OFFICE JET PRO 8620 WIRELESS SETTINGS
- Setting up the HP Officejet Pro 8620 printer is quite easy with the steps given below.
- Before you begin, make sure the printer is not connected using the USB or network cable.
- Check your wireless network is turned on and make a note of its SSID and password.
- Now, touch the Setup option on the printer control panel.
- Choose Network Setup > Wireless Settings > Wireless Setup Wizard.
- Now, with the help of the instructions, choose your network SSID and then enter the network password to get connected to the wireless network.
HP OFFICE JET PRO 8620 USB SETTINGS
- Once you have the HP printer driver downloaded from the official HP Support page, proceed to install the driver on your computer.
- You will be prompted to select the type of connection you want to make to the HP printer. Choose the USB connection type.
- Take out the USB cable from the sealed package, connect the USB to the HP printer and the other end of the cable to the Windows or Mac computer.
- Carry out the on-screen instructions and then wait for the computer to detect the connected printer.
- Once the printer and the computer are connected, try to access the printer from the computer.