HP Laser M177 Install
The HP LaserJet M177 printer uses the Laser technology to perform the print operation. The maximum print resolution offered by this printer is 600 * 600 dpi. Copy, scan, and fax are the other feature offered by this printer. To know how to perform the print, copy, and scan operations using the HP LaserJet M177 printer, scroll down this page.
HOW TO PRINT
On a Windows computer:
- Open the document you want to print.
- Now, on the software program screen, click the Print option or File > Print. On the Print Properties dialog box, select your HP printer and set the other print preferences.
- Make sure that your printer and the computer are connected to the same network.
- After setting the print preferences, click the OK or Done button.
- Now, the selected document will be printed by your printer.
HOW TO COPY
- First, open the scanner cover. Load the document you want to copy on the scanner glass. Make sure to close the scanner cover.
- Press the Copy button.
- Now, the Copy Preferences window will be displayed on your printer’s screen.
- Once the copy preferences setup process has been completed, press the Black or Color button.
- Now, the document placed on the printer’s scanner glass will be copied by your printer.
HOW TO SCAN
Using the HP Scan software:
- On your printer’s scanner glass or the ADF, place the original document you want to scan.
- Now, open the HP Scan software on your Windows computer by clicking Start > Programs/All Programs > HP > HP Scan > Scan.
- To access more scan options, go to the Advanced Settings section.
- After setting the scan preferences, click OK.
- Now, your document will be scanned by the HP printer.
HP LASERJET M177 SETUP
- Unpack the printer, then clear all the packing tapes present inside and outside of the printer.
- Open the paper tray and load a stack of plain A4 paper in the tray.
- Connect the power cord to the printer.
- If you wish to use your printer for the Fax operation, then connect the phone cord to it.
- Turn on the printer. Select the language and other preferences as per your needs.
- After completing the hardware setup, begin the software installation on your computer.
- Select the wired, wireless, or USB cable connection to complete the driver installation process.
- Once the driver installation has been completed, try a test print.
HP LASERJET M177 DRIVER DOWNLOAD
- Click the Driver Download button provided on this web page.
- Now, the HP LaserJet M177 printer driver file available for your current OS type will be downloaded.
HP LASERJET M177 DRIVER INSTALLATION
- Open the printer driver file on your Windows or Mac computer.
- Click the Install button when prompted.
- Select the connection type as per your desire.
- For Mac: If prompted, enter your Mac computer’s security key in the given field.
- Complete the printer driver installation with the assistance of the on-screen instructions.
HP LASERJET M177 AUTO WIRELESS CONNECT
Auto Wireless Connect is a mode that lets you connect your printer to the wireless network without using the setup CD and entering the network details manually. The printer will be in the Auto Wireless Connect mode for 2 hours after it is powered on for the first time. When the printer is in this mode, the driver file will try to detect the printer. Once the printer has been detected, it will be connected to your wireless network automatically.
If your HP printer has been powered on for more than 2 hours and the driver file fails to detect it, then the Auto Wireless Connect mode will be disabled. To take your printer back to the Auto Wireless Connect mode, you need to reset it. To reset the printer, follow the instructions given below.
- From your printer’s control panel, go to the Restore Network Settings or Restore Network Details window.
- Once the network settings have been restored, re-perform the software installation on your computer to connect the printer to the wireless network.
HP LASERJET M177 WIRELESS CONNECTION SETUP
- Press the Wi-Fi button on your printer’s control panel.
- Select Wireless Menu > Wireless Setup Wizard.
- In the Wireless Setup wizard, the available wireless networks will be displayed on the screen.
- Choose your wireless network.
- If the prompted, enter your network password.
- Once the HP printer has been connected to the wireless network, begin the driver installation on your computer.
- Finally, try a test print.
- If the paper is jammed inside the input tray, first, remove the dust cover and then slowly remove the jammed paper from the input tray. After removing all the jammed paper, refill the input tray and place it back into the printer.
- If the paper is jammed in the output bin, open the rear door and look for the jammed paper. If you find any jammed paper, remove it and then close the cover.
- Similarly, look for the jammed paper in the document feeder and gently remove the jammed paper from your printer’s document feeder.
- First, make sure that you have installed the necessary scan software on your computer.
- If not, install it and then perform the scan operation.
- Check if you have configured the scan preferences correctly. If not, reconfigure them.
- If you encounter the scan issue unexpectedly, then run the HP Print and Scan Doctor tool on your computer to identify the cause of the problem and fix it.
- Once the scan issue has been resolved, try to perform a test scan operation.