HP Laserjet M425 settings
The HP LaserJet M425 printer is a web-connected multi-purpose printer that lets you perform the print operation from anywhere. Auto 2-sided scanning and copying are the notable features of this printer. Scroll down this page to know how to perform the HP LaserJet M425 install settings, copy, and scan operations using the HP LaserJet M425 printer.
HOW TO COPY?
- Open the scanner cover of the printer and place the original document on the scanner glass.
- Tap the Copy button.
- Go to the Settings section.
- Configure the copy preferences as required.
- Finally, press the Start Copy/Black or Color button to begin the copy operation.
- First, insert a USB drive into your printer.
- Now, turn on your printer and load the document you want to scan on the scanner glass.
- Tap Scan > Scan to USB Drive. Set the required scan preferences.
- Initially, check if your HP LaserJet M425 install settings and the computer are connected to the same network.
- On your PC, open the document you want to print.
- Go to the Print properties window by clicking File > Print or Print.
- Select the printer on the Print Properties dialog box. Set the other print preferences as per your needs. Finally, click Print.
- Now, the document will be printed.
- Open the product box and take out the printer and the other components from the box.
- Remove all the packing tapes present inside and outside of the printer.
- Open the front door of the printer.
- Take the toner cartridge out, remove the orange tape surrounding the cartridge, and place it back into its slot.
- Pull the Tray 2 out of the printer, place a stack of plain paper in the tray, and push the tray back into the printer.
- Connect the network cable to the printer if you wish to connect the printer over a wired connection.
- If you wish to use the HP LaserJet M425 install settings for the Fax operation, then connect the phone cable to the printer and set the Fax preferences by following the instructions displayed on the printer screen.
- Now, update the printer firmware (if available).
- To complete the entire setup process, you have to install the printer driver on your computer and connect the printer to it.
- Once the driver installation process has been completed, try a test print.
- Click the Driver Download button provided on this page.
- Now, the HP LaserJet M425 printer driver file available for your current OS will be downloaded.
- Insert the installation CD into your computer.
- Open the HP LaserJet M425 printer driver installer.
- Click Install and select the connection type when prompted.
- Complete the printer driver installation by following the on-screen instructions.
HOW TO SCAN?
Scanning to a USB drive
Finally, tap the Scan button. Now, your document will be scanned and a copy of it will be saved on the USB drive.
HOW TO PRINT?
HP LASERJET M425 SETUP
HP LASERJET M425 DRIVER DOWNLOAD
HP LASERJET M425 DRIVER INSTALLATION
- Download the printer driver from the printer’s official site.
- Once the driver file has been downloaded, open it to begin the driver installation.
- If prompted, enter your Mac admin password.
- Select the connection type and the other preferences as per your needs.
- Once the driver installation has been completed, print a test page from the computer.
HP LASERJET M425 AUTO WIRELESS CONNECT
Auto Wireless Connect is the easiest way to connect your printer to a wireless network. Using this method, you can connect your printer to the wireless network without using any cables and entering your wireless network credentials.
- First, connect your computer to the wireless network.
- Now, go to your printer’s support page from the computer’s web browser.
- Download the software file and open it on your computer.
- Now, turn on the printer.
- Return to the software wizard and follow the on-screen instructions.
- On the Connection Options screen, select the Network (Ethernet/Wireless) option.
- Click the radio button beside the Yes, send my wireless settings to the printer option.
- Now, the wireless network settings will be sent to the printer.
- Once the printer has been connected to the wireless network, a confirmation message will be displayed on the screen to configure HP LaserJet M425 install settings.
- Print a test page from the computer.
HP LASERJET M425 WIRELESS CONNECTION SETUP
- Turn on your HP printer.
- Press the Setup button.
- Select Network Setup > Wireless Menu > Wireless Direct Settings > On.
- Once the printer gets connected to the wireless network, complete the driver installation on the computer.
- After completing the driver installation, try a test print.
- If the paper is jammed in the document feeder, then turn off the printer, open the feeder cover and take out the jammed paper from the printer.
- After removing the jammed paper, close the feeder cover.
- If the paper is jammed in Tray 1, then open the ink cartridge door and remove the print cartridge. Gently remove the jammed paper from the printer.
- Similarly, if the paper is jammed in Tray 2, then pull the tray out of the printer. Remove the jammed paper from the printer.
If you encounter any issue while performing the scan to email operation, follow the instructions given below.
- Initially, make sure that you have configured the scan to email settings correctly.
- If not, reconfigure the settings.
- Make sure that the scan to email feature is enabled.
- Check if the SMTP server name is correct. If not, reconfigure it.
- When prompted, enter the outgoing profile’s PIN correctly.
- If you receive the email failed error, then verify the entered email address and make changes if required.
- If the attachment size is too large, reduce the size and then perform the scan to email operation. Finally complete your HP LaserJet M425 install settings.