HP Laserjet Pro m404dn Printer Setup
HP LaserJet Pro M404dn is a monochrome laser printer that comes with a touchscreen control panel. This printer can have an optional tray of 550 sheet paper capacity and supports Automatic duplex printing. You can quickly connect your mobile device with this printer and start printing using AirPrint, Google Cloud Print, and HP Smart app. However, this printer does not support HP Laserjet Pro m404dn Printer Setup wireless connectivity.
HOW TO COPY
The HP LaserJet Pro M404dn printer does not support the copy function. Also, it doesn’t have any scanner to scan and make copies of your documents.
HOW TO PRINT
- Turn on your printer first and then connect it to your Windows computer using a standard USB cable.
- Load some plain paper into the paper tray and make sure to adjust them with paper width guides without exceeding the guided marks.
- Open the print application on your computer and select the Print option. Doing so will launch the Print dialog box.
- Choose your printer’s name from the pull-down menu and click the Properties button to open the print driver.
- Click the Finishing tab and configure the paper settings.
- Move on to the Paper/Quality tab and configure the paper source, paper type, paper quality, and paper size settings.
- Click OK and move back to the Print dialog box.
- Finally, click Print to start printing your document.
HOW TO SCAN
The HP LaserJet Pro M404dn printer does not support the scan function. Also, it doesn’t have any scanner glass to scan your documents.
HP LASERJET PRO M404DN DRIVER SETTINGS
Installing the Windows built-in printer driver:
- Before you begin, remove any previously installed HP printer drivers on your computer.
- Connect your printer to the computer using a standard USB cable.
- Open the Control Panel on your computer and click the Devices and Printers tab.
- Click the Add a printer tab at the top of the page and choose your printer’s name from the displayed list.
- If your printer’s name is not listed, click on the ‘The printer I want isn’t listed’ link.
- Enable the Add a local printer or network HP Laserjet Pro m404dn Printer Setup with manual settings radio button and click Next.
- Select the Use an existing port option and click Next.
- Choose HP from the Manufacturer panel and select your printer’s model number in the Printers section.
- Click Next and carry out the on-screen prompts to install the printer driver.
- After completing the driver installation, disconnect and reconnect the USB cable connected to your printer.
HP LASERJET PRO M404DN DOWNLOAD
You can download the HP LaserJet Pro M404dn printer’s driver by clicking the Driver Download button on this page. You can also download it from the official HP site. For Windows 10 OS and macOS latest versions, install the HP Smart app instead of a printer driver. You can easily get them from Microsoft Play Store or Apple App Store.
HP LASERJET PRO M404DN INSTALLATION SETTINGS
The installation settings of an HP LaserJet Pro M404dn printer is quite simple if you follow the quick steps given below.
- Unpack your printer and take out the printer supplies from the product box.
- Remove all the protective tapes and covers from the printer.
- Next, pull out the paper tray from the printer and load some legal plain paper into it.
- Make sure to adjust the loaded paper with paper width guides.
- Close the paper input tray and connect your printer to an electrical outlet using the supplied power cord.
- Next, turn on the printer by pressing the Power button.
- Set your preferences such as language, region, date, and time on the printer’s control panel.
- Press OK to display the Home screen on the printer’s control panel.
- Select HP Laserjet Pro m404dn Printer Setup and press OK.
- Open the Reports menu and select the Printer configuration report option.
- If necessary, update your printer’s firmware.
- Finally, installer the printer driver on your computer and establish the connection between your printer and the computer.
- After completing the HP Laserjet Pro m404dn driver installation, verify the printer functionality.
HP LASERJET PRO M404DN SCANNING ISSUES
The HP LaserJet Pro M404dn printer doesn’t support scanning.
HP LASERJET PRO M404DN PAPER JAM ISSUES
- If a paper is jammed inside the printer, gently remove it from the printer without damaging any internal parts.
- Print a configuration page to check the printer and determine whether you have loaded only the supported paper into the paper tray.
- Navigate to the printer’s control panel and tap OK to go to the home screen.
- Select the Setup option and press OK.
- Go to the Paper Setup menu and select the tray you have loaded the paper.
- Set the paper type and paper size for the paper loaded into the paper tray.
- Restart your printer and print a cleaning page to remove the excess toner inside the printer.
- Also, check the following areas for any jammed paper.
- Paper Tray 1
- Paper Tray 2
- Paper Tray 3
- Toner cartridge or fuser area
- Output bin
- To avoid paper jam errors in the future, always fan the paper before loading it into the paper tray.
- Do not exceed the guided marks when adjusting the loaded paper with paper width guides.
HP LASERJET PRO M404DN WIRELESS SETTINGS
The HP LaserJet Pro M404dn printer does not support wireless connectivity and so you cannot print wirelessly from your computer to the printer. Also, you cannot add a print server for wireless connectivity. This printer does support Wi-Fi Direct for printing from mobile devices.
HP LASERJET PRO M404DN USB SETTINGS
Using the HP Easy Start tool:
- Before starting, ensure that you have a standard USB cable handy.
- Do not connect your printer to the computer using a USB cable until prompted during the driver installation.
- On your Windows computer, launch the default browser after ensuring that you have a stable Internet connection.
- Visit the official HP site and enter your printer’s model number in the search panel.
- Press Enter to navigate to the printer support page.
- Click the Software, Drivers and Firmware tab and choose your OS version on the pop-up page.
- Expand Drivers and select HP Easy Start tool.
- Click Download and wait until the tool is downloaded.
- Launch the downloaded tool from the Downloads folder on your browser.
- Click the Yes button if the User Account Control dialog box pops-up.
- Agree to the EULA and choose the USB connection option as your connection type.
- Following the HP Easy Start window’s guided instructions, establish the connection between your printer and the computer via a USB cable.
- Complete the rest of the on-screen prompts to finish the HP Laserjet Pro m404dn Printer Setup and driver installation.