The HP LaserJet Pro Mfp m148fdw Setup
HP’s Laserjet Pro MFP M148fdw is an All-in-One printer that supports wireless printing and so you can quickly connect any wireless device to it. This printer also supports auto 2-sided printing. You can also fax, copy, and scan using the HP laserjet Pro Mfp m148fdw setup.
HOW TO COPY?
- Before you start making copies on your HP Laserjet Pro MFP M148fdw printer, turn it on and place the original document on the scanner glass.
- Navigate to the printer’s control panel and tap the Copy Menu button.
- Go to the Optimize menu to optimize the copy quality.
- Press OK and select the necessary copy-quality settings such as Auto Select, Mixed, Text, and Picture.
- Next, press the Number of Copies button and adjust the number using the navigation keys.
- Press OK and then press the Start Copy button to make copies.
- First, connect your printer to your Windows computer using a standard USB cable.
- Load some plain paper in the paper input tray.
- If you wish to connect your printer wirelessly to your computer, go through the wireless settings steps given on this page.
- On your Windows computer, open the printer software and select the Print option to open the Print dialog box.
- Choose your printer’s name from the pull-down menu and click the Properties or Preferences button to open the printer driver.
- Configure the necessary print settings in the printer driver window and click OK to return to the Print dialog box.
- Finally, click Print to print your documents from the computer.
- Ensure that your printer is connected properly to your Windows computer.
- Place the original document you wish to scan on the scanner glass.
- On your Windows computer, click the Start menu and select All Apps.
- Click HP from the displayed list and select your printer name. Doing so will open the HP Printer Assistant.
- Select Scan in the HP Printer Assistant window and click on Scan a Document or Photo.
- In the HP Scan window, select the required scan settings and click Scan to start scanning your document.
- Verify that your printer is turned on.
- Connect your computer to a local wireless network and connect your printer to the computer using a standard USB cable.
- If the Found new hardware window pops-up, follow the on-screen prompts and complete the driver installation.
- If you cannot see the Found new hardware window, install the printer driver using the Add a Printer wizard.
- Check the USB connection between your printer and the computer.
- Open Control Panel and click the Devices and Printers tab.
- Click the Add a printer tab at the top of the window and select your printer from the displayed list.
- If your printer’s name is not displayed, click on the ‘The printer that I want isn’t listed’ link.
- Choose the Add a local printer or network printer with manual settings option and click Next.
- Select the Use an existing port option and click Next.
- Click on Windows Update and wait for the printer drivers to be updated.
- Select HP from the Manufacturers panel and click on the name of your printer in the Printers section.
- Click Next and carry out the on-screen prompts to install the printer driver and finish the HP laserjet Pro Mfp m148fdw driver setup.
- Unpack your printer and take out the printer supplies.
- Remove all the protective tapes from the printer.
- Verify that the toner cartridge is installed properly inside the printer.
- Next, load some plain paper into the main paper input tray.
- Adjust the loaded paper with paper width guides.
- Connect your printer to an electrical outlet using the supplied power cord and turn on the printer.
- Navigate to the printer’s control panel and select your country/region, language, and date using the navigation keys.
- Press OK after configuring each setting and select Print Information Sheet to verify your settings for the HP laserjet Pro Mfp m148fdw installation settings.
- Finally, install the printer software on your computer and verify the printer functionality.
HOW TO PRINT?
HOW TO SCAN?
Using the HP Scan software:
HP LASERJET PRO MFP’S M148FDW DRIVER SETTINGS
HP LASERJET PRO MFP’S M148FDW DOWNLOAD
You can download the HP Laserjet Pro MFP’s M148fdw printer’s driver by clicking the Driver Download button available on this page. However, you can also download it from the official HP site. Make sure to choose the correct operating system and its version before you select the required printer driver from the official HP site.
HP LASERJET PRO MFP’S M148FDW INSTALLATION SETTINGS
The HP Laserjet Pro MFP M148fdw printer installation settings are very simple if you follow the quick steps given below.
HP LASERJET PRO MFP’S M148FDW SCANNING ISSUES
- If your HP Laserjet Pro MFP M148fdw printer is not scanning, check whether you have properly placed the original document on the scanner glass.
- Verify that you have set all the scan settings in the HP Scan window.
- Check the connection between your printer and the computer.
- On your computer, download and install the HP Print & Scan Doctor diagnostic tool.
- Ensure that your printer is turned on.
- Run the tool to detect and fix the scanning issues automatically.
HP LASERJET PRO MFP’S M148FDW PAPER JAM ISSUES
- If you detect any paper jammed inside the printer, remove it gently without damaging the internal parts.
- To avoid paper jams problems in the future, use only the printer-supported paper and fan the paper stack before loading them into the paper tray.
- Make sure to adjust the loaded paper with proper paper width guides.
- If the problem persists, restart your printer and check the paper settings.
- You can check the following areas for any torn paper pieces and paper jams.
- Document feeder
- Main input tray
- Toner-cartridge area
- Output bin
- Now the HP laserjet Pro Mfp m148fdw paper jam issue is solved.
HP LASERJET PRO MFP’S M148FDW WIRELESS SETTINGS
Using the HP Smart app:
- Turn on the printer and place it closer to your Wi-Fi router.
- Connect your computer to the same wireless network.
- Navigate to the printer’s control panel, press and hold down the wireless button, and wait until the wireless lights start blinking.
- Within two minutes, go to your router and press and hold down the WPS button for at least three seconds.
- Once you have connected your HP printer to your wireless network, go to your computer.
- Download the HP Smart app from the official HP site.
- After completing the download, launch the app and click Continue on the welcome screen.
- Select the Set Up a New Printer option and click the Add Printer or Plus sign icon at the top.
- Now, HP Smart will search for the printer.
- Select your printer’s name from the displayed list and click Continue.
- If the HP Smart app fails to search for the wireless printers, click the Set Up a New Printer option and select the Wireless option.
- Click Continue and carry out the on-screen instructions to complete the setup.
- Finally, try printing/scanning a document remotely from your computer to the printer after finishing the HP laserjet Pro Mfp m148fdw wireless setup.
HP LASERJET PRO MFP”S M148FDW USB SETTINGS
Using the HP Easy Start software:
- Make sure that you have a standard USB cable handy before starting the USB printer setup.
- Remove any previously installed HP printer drivers on your Windows computer.
- Do not connect your printer before starting the driver installation.
- Download the HP Easy Start software from the official HP site.
- After completing the download, launch the software.
- If the User Account Control window pops-up, select Yes to allow the software to make changes to your computer.
- After launching the software, connect your printer to the computer using the USB cable.
- Agree to the EULA in the HP Easy Start window and click Continue.
- On the Printer Found screen, click Continue if the software has detected your printer.
- If the software is not detecting your printer, click the My Printer is Not Shown button to identify your printer.
- Select the required printer software in the installation wizard and click Continue.
- Finish the HP laserjet Pro Mfp m148fdw driver installation with the help of the on-screen prompts.
HP LASERJET PRO MFP’S M148FDW COMMON TROUBLESHOOTING STEPS
- In general, restarting the HP Laserjet Pro MFP’s M148fdw printer might resolve the common printer errors.
- Paper jams might be false sometimes. In such cases, restart your printer and check the paper tray.
- For the printing/scanning problems, use the HP Print & Scan Doctor diagnostic tool.
- If you face any problems while troubleshooting your printer, contact our technical support team for remote assistance for setting up your HP laserjet Pro Mfp m148fdw.