How To Get HP OfficeJet 5255 Setup?
HP Officejet 5255 is an all-in-one printer that offers features like wireless connectivity, color copy, duplex printing, borderless printing, and more. You can set up this printer easily by following the instructions given in the quick start guide. Learn how to copy, print, and scan using the HP OfficeJet 5255 setup.
HOW TO COPY?
- Get the original document that you want to copy.
- On your printer’s scanner glass or ADF, load the document that you want to copy.
- Now, from your printer’s Home screen, select the Copy option.
- On the Copy settings screen, set the desired number of copies.
- To access more copy settings, touch the Gear (Settings) icon.
- Set the paper size, paper type, and the other settings correctly.
- Return to the previous screen by touching the Back button.
- To initiate the Copy operation, touch the Start Black or Start Color button.
- Now, the document will be copied by the HP Officejet 5255 printer once you complete the HP OfficeJet 5255 setup.
HOW TO PRINT?
Print using the HP Smart app
This app allows you to print a document from your iOS, Android, or Windows 10 computer. The below section explains how to print the document from your iOS/Android phone using the HP Smart app.
- Install the HP Smart app on your Android/iOS phone.
- Launch the app.
- Make sure that your mobile phone and the printer are connected to the same wireless network.
- Now, your HP printer will be automatically detected.
- If not, tap the plus icon to add your HP printer.
- Select the desired printing option from the list of options.
- Choose the document type that you wish to print.
- Tap the Print option.
- Now, the selected document will be printed by the printer.
HOW TO SCAN A DOCUMENT?
The HP Officejet 5255 printer allows you to perform the scan operation in four different ways. They are using the HP Smart app, HP printer software, using the printer’s control panel, and Webscan. The following instructions explain how to scan a document using the printer’s control panel.
- On your printer’s scanner glass or in the ADF, load the original document that you want to scan.
- After loading the document correctly, select the Scan option.
- Choose the scan type and the other scan settings as per your desire.
- After setting the scan preferences, tap the OK button.
- Now, the placed document will be scanned by your printer once complete the HP OfficeJet 5255 setup.
- Open the HP Officejet 5255 printer driver installer on your computer.
- Initially, you’ll be asked to accept the end-user license agreement.
- Accept it to continue the installation.
- When prompted, choose the desired connection type.
- Similarly, select the software that you wish to install.
- Perform the on-screen prompts to install the printer driver on your computer.
- If you’re using a Mac computer, then you’ll be asked to enter your Mac password to complete the installation.
- After installing the HP OfficeJet 5255 driver on your computer, try to perform a test print.
- Visit the official page of HP from a web browser.
- Choose your HP printer.
- Go to the Software, Drivers, and Firmware section.
- Choose your OS type from the drop-down menu if required.
- Select the driver that you wish to install on your computer and click the Download button beside it.
- Now, the selected printer driver will be downloaded on your computer.
HP OFFICE JET 5255 DRIVER SETTINGS
HP OFFICE JET 5255 DOWNLOAD
HP OFFICE JET 5255 INSTALLATION SETTINGS
- Double-click on the HP Officejet 5255 installer file.
- On the Welcome screen, accept the end-user license agreement.
- Choose the desired connection type and the software to be installed.
- Install the printer driver on your computer by following the on-screen instructions.
- Finally, print a test page once complete the HP OfficeJet 5255 driver installation.
HP OFFICE JET 5255 SCANNING ISSUES
If you encounter scan issues with your HP Officejet 5255 printer, then follow the below instructions to resolve it.
- Use the HP Print & Scan Doctor diagnostic tool to resolve the scan issue.
- Download this diagnostic tool from the printer’s official site.
- After downloading the tool, open it.
- On the initial screen of the tool, click the Start button.
- If required, choose your HP printer from the list.
- Click the Retry button if your printer is not listed.
- Once the printer is detected, click the Fix Scanning button.
- Now, the tool will try to detect the scan issue and suggest the fixes for the issue.
- Once the HP OfficeJet 5255 scanning issue is resolved, try to perform the scan operation.
HP OFFICE JET 5255 PAPER JAM ISSUES
- As soon as the Paper Jam message is displayed, restart your printer.
- After restarting the printer, check if the Paper Jam message is displayed on the screen.
- If yes, look for the jammed paper in the paper tray and ADF.
- Make sure to remove the jammed paper gently out of the printer.
- After removing the jammed paper, reload paper in the tray and print a test page.
HP OFFICE JET 5255 WIRELESS SETTINGS
- Place your HP Officejet 5255 printer closer to the wireless router first from the HP OfficeJet 5255 wireless setup.
- Now, turn on your printer if it is turned OFF.
- Tap the Wireless option on your printer’s Home screen.
- Select Settings > Wireless Setup Wizard or Wi-Fi Protected Setup.
- Choose your wireless network from the list.
- Enter your network’s password in the given field when prompted.
- Once the printer is connected to the wireless network, connect your computer to the same Wi-Fi network.
- Begin the printer driver installation on your computer.
- Once the driver installation has been completed, make sure to print a test page.
HP OFFICE JET 5255 USB SETTINGS
- Get a USB cable.
- Double-click on the HP Officejet 5255 printer installer on your computer.
- Perform the on-screen instructions to reach the Select connection type screen.
- Choose the USB option.
- Connect your HP printer directly to the computer using the USB cable when prompted.
- Complete the driver installation and print a test page from your computer and finally finish the HP OfficeJet 5255 setup.