HP Office Jet Pro 8720 Printer Ssetup
HP OfficeJet Pro 8720 is an All-in-One printer that can print, copy, scan, and fax. This printer supports duplex printing, HP ePrint, Apple AirPrint, mobile printing, and wireless connectivity. It also supports Wi-Fi Direct, using which you can connect your wireless devices directly to the printer without a router. Scroll down this page to know how to configure HP office jet pro 8720 printer settings.
HOW TO COPY?
- Turn on your printer and load some legal plain paper in the paper input tray.
- Next, place the original document you wish to copy on the scanner glass (print-side facing down) or into the document feeder (print-side facing up).
- Navigate to the printer’s control panel and tap the Copy button.
- Choose Document or ID Card and select the number of copies.
- If necessary, select other copy settings and touch either Start Black or Start Color.
- Now, the original document will be copied on your HP OfficeJet Pro 8720 printer.
- To print any photos or documents on your HP OfficeJet Pro 8720 printer, load few plain paper in the paper input tray.
- Open the Print application on the connected computer and select Print.
- Choose your printer’s name from the pull-down menu and click the Properties or Preferences button to open the Properties dialog box.
- Select the required print settings and click OK to close the Properties dialog box.
- Finally, click Print in the Print dialog box to start printing your document after the configuraion of HP office jet pro 8720 printer settings.
- You can quickly scan and save documents, photos, and other paper types using your HP OfficeJet Pro 8720 printer.
- Using the HP printer software, you can scan to a format that can be edited later.
- To scan borderless originals, place them on the scanner glass.
- To scan a document and save it on the connected computer, open the HP printer software and click the Print, Scan & Fax button.
- Click Scan and select the Manage Scan to Computer option.
- Click the Enable button to enable the Scan to a computer feature.
- Next, load the original document into the document feeder or on the scanner glass.
- Open the HP printer software on your computer and click the Print, Scan & Fax button.
- Click Scan and select the Scan a Document or Photo option.
- Choose the type of scan and click the Scan button.
- Select either Save as PDF or Save as JPEG to save the document or photo.
- Now, your scanner will scan the original document and save the scanned copy on the connected computer.
- Before you start the driver installation, verify and ensure that you have completed the basic printer setup.
- Connect your Windows computer to the local wireless network and make sure that you have a standard Internet connection.
- Disconnect any USB cables connected between your printer and computer.
- Download the HP Easy Start software from the official HP site.
- Close all the running programs and run the HP Easy Start software.
- If the User Account Control window pops-up, click Yes to continue.
- Now, connect the printer and computer using a standard USB cable.
- In the HP Easy Start window, select the checkbox stating that you agree with the End User License Agreement and then click Continue.
- If your printer is detected automatically, click Continue.
- Otherwise, click the My Printer is Not Shown button to identify your printer.
- On the Choose your software and driver screen, select the Full software and drivers (Recommended) option and click Continue.
- Finish the driver installation with the on-screen prompts and finally print a test page to verify the print function remotely from your computer using our HP office jet pro 8720 driver settings.
- Before downloading the printer driver, verify and ensure that you have removed any previously installed HP printer drivers from your computer.
- Open the default browser after ensuring that you have a standard Internet connection.
- Visit the official HP site and enter your printer’s model number in the search panel. Press the Enter key and click the Software, Drivers and Firmware button.
- Click on the Choose a different OS link and select your OS version.
- Next, select the required printer driver and click the Download button.
- If your OS version is compatible with the HP Smart app, you can click the Install HP Smart button to download the app instead of the printer driver.
- After completing the download, run the installer file or app to begin the driver installation and establish the connection between your printer and computer.
- Connecting the power cord and configuring the user preferences
- Loading paper into the input tray
- Installing the ink cartridges
- Installing the printer software or get our HP office jet pro 8720 printer settings guide
- First, take out the printer from the package.
- Remove the protective tapes and covers around the printer.
- Lift/open the scanner lid and take out the packaging materials without damaging the internal parts.
- Make sure to recycle the packing materials.
- Connecting the power cord and configuring the preferences:
- Take the supplied power cord and connect one of its ends to the printer’s power port.
- Next, connect the other end to an electrical outlet.
- Turn on the printer and set your preferences on the control panel.
- Choose your language and region, then tap Yes to confirm your options.
- When prompted, set the date and time, then tap Yes.
HOW TO PRINT?
HOW TO SCAN?
HP OFFICE JET PRO 8720 DRIVER SETTINGS
Using the HP Easy Start software:
HP OFFICE JET PRO 8720 DOWNLOAD
You can download the HP OfficeJet Pro 8720 printer’s driver by clicking the Driver Download button available on this page. Besides, you can also download it from the official HP site by following the steps given below.
HP OFFICE JET PRO 8720 INSTALLATION SETTINGS
The installation settings of an HP OfficeJet Pro 8720 printer include the following.
Loading paper into the input tray:
- Make sure you have legal plain paper ready before proceeding to load them into the paper tray.
- Pull out the paper input tray entirely from the printer and remove the packing materials (if any).
- Load the legal plain paper into the tray and adjust them using the paper width guides.
- Push the tray back into the printer and move to the ink cartridge installation. Read out our HP office jet pro 8720 printer settings for this process.
Installing the ink cartridges:
- Open the ink cartridge access door and wait for the carriage to come to the idle position.
- Unpack the ink cartridges and remove the protective tapes without touching the nozzle area.
- Install one cartridge at a time into the correct slot until it snaps into place.
- Once you have installed all the cartridges into the carriage, close the ink access door and wait until the alignment page is printed automatically.
Installing the printer software:
- You can install either HP Easy Start or HP Smart app that supports your computer’s OS version.
- Avoid connecting the printer to your computer before installing the printer software.
- Once you have completed the driver installation, verify the printer functionality.
HP OFFICE JET PRO 8720 SCANNING ISSUES
- If your HP scanner fails to scan any documents or photos, check if you have properly loaded the original document into the document feeder or on the scanner glass.
- Make sure your scanner is turned on.
- Verify and ensure that you have selected the right scan settings in the scanning software.
- Check the connection between your printer and the Windows computer.
- If necessary, reinstall the HP printer software on your computer.
- Open the Services window and check the Windows Image Acquisition settings.
- Make sure to set the Startup Type settings to Automatic.
- Save the changes and download the HP Print and Scan Doctor diagnostic tool.
- Run the downloaded tool from the Downloads folder on your computer and click the Start button.
- Choose your printer from the displayed list and click the Fix scanning button to troubleshoot the HP office jet pro 8720 printer scanning issues.
HP OFFICE JET PRO 8720 PAPER JAM ISSUES
- If your printer displays a Paper Jam error message on the LCD screen, turn off your printer and turn it on after a few seconds.
- If the error is still displayed on the LCD screen after the restart, pull out the Paper Tray 1 entirely from the printer and check for any jammed paper.
- If you detect any jammed paper, remove it gently from the printer.
- Push Tray 1 back into the printer and check for any jammed paper in the following areas.
- Tray 2
- Duplexer area
- Document feeder
- Rear-side of the printer
- Front-side of the printer
- Output area
- Once you have removed all the jammed paper in the areas mentioned above, restart your printer.
- To avoid the paper jam error in the future, fan the paper before loading them into the tray.
- Make sure you load only the printer-supported paper and adjust them properly using the paper width guides.
HP OFFICE JET PRO 8720 WIRELESS SETTINGS
Wireless setup using the Wireless Setup Wizard:
- Make sure you place the printer near your Wi-Fi router.
- If you have received the ‘Enter the WPS PIN for your printer’ message on the LCD screen, tap Cancel.
- Turn on your router and wait until its power light stops flashing.
- Identify the wireless settings such as SSID and network name from the router label.
- Next, navigate to the printer’s control panel and tap the Wireless icon.
- Select the Settings option or go to the Restore Settings menu.
- Choose the Restore Network Settings option to reset your printer’s network settings to factory defaults.
- Once again, tap the Wireless icon and select the Wireless Setup Wizard option.
- Choose your wireless network name (SSID) and enter your network key.
- Follow the on-screen prompts and establish the connection between your printer and router.
- Once you have connected your printer to the wireless network, install the printer software on your computer that is connected to the same network and complete the HP office jet pro 8720 wireless printer settings.
- Choose the wireless connection option as your connection type in the driver installation window and complete the setup.
HP OFFICE JET PRO 8720 USB SETTINGS
Using the HP Easy Start software:
- Before starting, make sure you have a standard USB cable.
- Next, turn on your printer and computer.
- Remove any previously installed the HP printer driver on your Windows computer.
- Download and run the HP Easy Start software for your OS version from the official HP site.
- When prompted, choose the USB connection option as your connection type and follow the on-screen instructions to know how to connect your printer and computer using the USB cable.
- Finish the rest of the instructions in the HP Easy Start window and verify the printer functionality.
Based on our experience, the HP OfficeJet Pro 8720 printer is best suitable for all types of working environments since it can print, scan, copy, and fax all your documents once you configure the HP office jet pro 8720 printer settings. It makes printing/scanning easier since it supports wireless and mobile printing as well.