HP Officejet 5260 printer – Wireless All-In-One Inkjet Device
HP Officejet 5260 printer is a wireless All-in-One device. This printer uses the ‘drop-on-demand thermal inkjet’ technology to give out amazing prints at a good speed.
The step-by-step instructions to set up the HP Officejet 5260 r are provided on this web page.
Step 1 – Unpacking the HP’s Officejet 5260 printer
- Take the HP Officejet 5260 out of the box.
- Clear all the tapes as well as the packing materials from the outside and inside of the printer.
Step 2 – Connecting the power cord
- Connect the power between the HP Officejet 5260 and a wall outlet.
- Power up the printer and check if the Power LED stays lit. This indicates that the HP Officejet 5260 printer is turned on.
Step 3 – Initial settings
- On the printer’s control panel, set your desired language and select the Yes option.
- Specify the correct date and time and then select Yes.
- Proceed with the LCD panel instructions to install the ink cartridges.
Step 4 – Ink cartridges installation
- Lift-open the HP’s Officejet 5260 printer’s top cover.
- The carriage inside the printer starts to move to its left side.
- Wait until the carriage stays idle.
- Take a new ink cartridge from the package.
- Use the pull tab to remove the plastic tape from the new ink cartridge.
- Place the new ink cartridge into the correct slot and push it until it clicks into place.
- Do the same to insert the other ink cartridges.
- Once done, select the OK option on the HP Officejet 5260 printer control panel.
- Make sure to close the printer’s top cover properly.
Step 5 – Paper loading
- Pull the paper tray out from the HP’s Officejet 5260 printer.
- Move the paper width guides to an outermost position.
- Load enough paper into the paper tray.
- Align the paper width guides according to the paper dimension.
- Push the paper tray back and pull the tray extender out from the HP’s Officejet 5260 printer.
Step 6 – Ink cartridges alignment
- After you select the OK option on the control panel, the printer prints an alignment page.
- Raise the scanner cover and place the alignment page with its printed side facing down on the scanner glass.
- Close the scanner cover and press the Scan button.
- Once done, select the OK option.
Step 7 – Downloading and installing the HP printer software
- Access the official HP website, type the HP’s Officejet 5260 printer in the ‘Enter your product name’ field, and press Enter.
- Navigate to the Software and Drivers tab, go to the All Drivers section, and click the Download link below the HP driver.
- Locate the downloaded HP printer file on your computer.
- Start the installation by double-clicking the printer file.
- Carry out the instructions that prompt on the screen to complete the installation.
- On the HP’s Officejet 5260 printer’s control panel, select Wireless -> Settings.
- Choose the hp Officejet 5260 printer Wireless Setup Wizard or Wi-Fi Protected Setup option and continue with the LCD panel instructions to finish the wireless setup.