The HP sSmart Tank Plus 555 Setup
HP Smart Tank Plus 555 wireless color printer is designed to perform multiple printer functions at lightning speed with great quality. This device is affordable for home use. It can wirelessly print, scan, and copy documents. This affordable printer can perform the print job and scan job from anywhere with the HP Smart app. Also, the HP Smart Tank Plus 555 is embedded with simple and spill-free refill ink tanks. It comprises of advanced features such as HP Auto-Off technology. Its processor speed is 800 MHZ. It even lets you print directly from a camera phone via Wireless Direct or Wireless. Scroll down this page to get HP smart tank plus 555 setup.
How to Copy?
Normally, the copying job is performed in normal quality print mode. During the copying operation, it is impossible to alter the print mode quality. Now, to make the HP Smart Tank Plus 555 printer perform a copy job, use these steps.
- Check if the right media is loaded in the input tray.
- Place the original on the scanner glass.
- Tap on the Black Copy or Color Copy button.
- The HP Smart Tank Plus 555 printer will start the copy job in two seconds.
- Open the document in the printing application. Go to File -> Print.
- Check if the printer name (HP Smart Tank Plus 555) is selected correctly.
- Click on the required option to open the Properties dialog box.
- Based on your software, this button can be referred to as Properties, Printer Setup, Options, Printer Properties, Preferences, or Printer.
- Choose the suitable options in the Printing Shortcut tab.
- Also, alter other print settings if needed.
- Choose the Ok option. The Properties dialog box exits.
- To start the printing job on your HP smart tank plus 555 setup, click on Print or Ok.
- Lift the scanner lid and place the original with print-side down on the scanner glass of your HP Smart Tank Plus 555 printer.
- Close the scanner lid and start the scan job.
- Open the HP Smart application on your Windows 10 device.
- Choose Scan and click on Scanner.
- Go to Settings and modify the basic settings if required.
- Click on Glass in the Source drop-down menu.
- Select the Preview icon to preview the document before scanning. Adjust the image if required and click the Scan icon.
- Choose Add Pages to include more documents or photos. Click on Edit to crop or rotate the image or document.
- Choose the required file type and select Save. Or else, click on the Share icon to share it with others.
- The Driver Download button is provided on this website.
- Locate the button and simply click on it.
- The printer driver compatible with your operating system will be downloaded to your computer.
- You can also download the printer driver from the official HP site. Otherwise, use the installation CD to install the printer driver.
- Open the driver installer and carry out the on-screen prompts to complete the installation.
- Make sure to choose the correct connection type during installation.
- Locate and click the manual download button.
- The user manual for the HP Smart Tank Plus 555 printer will be downloaded to your computer.
- Otherwise, go to the official HP site and search your printer model.
- Now, download the user manual from the support page of your printer.
How to Print?
Use these instructions to make the printer print your documents from a Windows computer. Before starting the printing operation, confirm that enough paper is loaded in the input tray.
How to Scan?
The HP Smart Tank 555 printer is capable of performing scanning functions using the HP Smart app.
Steps to scan documents or photos on a Window 10 device:
Finally, the document gets scanned. If there are any HP Smart Tank Plus 555 scanning related issues, call us by clicking the CALL button.
HP smart tank plus 555 driver settings
The HP Smart Tank Plus 555 printer requires a compatible driver to perform all the tasks from a computer. Get the updated printer driver from this site and install it. To obtain the latest version of HP smart tank plus 555 setup, use the instructions given on this site.
How to download a driver?
HP smart tank plus 555 download
The updated manual and the HP Smart Tank Plus 555 printer driver are available on this site. Download them by clicking the Download button given below. The instructions to download the driver is given under driver settings. To download the updated manual, follow the steps below.
How to download a manual?
HP smart tank plus 555 installation settings
To install the downloaded HP Smart Tank Plus 555 driver from this site, follow the instructions given below.
- Initially, make sure you have unpacked the printer, connected it to the power supply, and loaded the ink cartridge.
- Also load enough paper in the printer to complete the initial hardware setup of the printer.
- Now, double-click the downloaded driver file.
- The installation wizard will appear on the screen.
- Follow the HP smart tank plus 555 driver setup instructions in the installation wizard. If prompted, choose the connection type for your printer and continue with the remaining prompts.
- After installing the printer software, print a test page from your computer.
HP smart tank plus 555 scanning issues
Sometimes, the HP Smart Tank Plus 555 printer might encounter scanning related issues. Use the HP Print and Scan Doctor tool to identify and resolve the scanning issue. This tool can be used in Windows OS only. If this did not troubleshoot the problem, then continue with these troubleshooting steps.
Steps to troubleshoot scan problems:
- The HP online troubleshooting wizard can be used to resolve the scanning related errors.
- If the scanner is not scanning or the scanned documents are of poor quality, then follow the solutions given below.
- Ensure there is no connection issue on the printer.
- Try to enable WIA (Windows Image Acquisition service) and its associated services.
- If the scanning issue prevails, update the scanner driver. Doing this will troubleshoot the scanning issue on your HP Smart Tank Plus 555 printer.
- If the problem is unresolved even after updating the HP Smart Tank Plus 555 printer driver, then check if there are any hardware problems.
- If the scanning issue is due to the hardware problem, then troubleshoot them and then try to perform the scan job.
HP smart tank plus 555 paper jam issues
The paper jam issue might occur in several locations on the HP smart tank plus 555 setup. Avoid using tools or other devices to clear jammed objects. Try these steps to clear the jammed media from the printer.
Instructions to clear the jammed media:
- Check the input tray of your printer and clear the jammed media from it.
- Next, check the output tray for any jammed media. If found, remove it completely.
- Check and clear the jammed media from the printhead access area (cartridge).
- Verify if there are any jammed media inside the HP Smart Tank Plus 555 printer. If present, remove it completely.
- To avoid paper jam, avoid overloading the paper tray and make sure to fan the paper before loading it in the tray.
HP smart tank plus 555 wireless settings
There are two methods to connect the HP Smart Tank Plus 555 printer to a wireless network.
- Using HP Printer Software
- Using WPS (Wi-Fi Protected Setup)
Wireless Printer setup using HP printer software:
- Ensure your wireless router is turned on and make a note of its SSID and password.
- The PC must be already connected to the wireless network.
- Open the HP printer software on your PC and click on Tools.
- Choose the Device Setup & Software option.
- Select the Connect a new device option. Then click on Wireless and continue with the on-screen instructions to complete the HP smart tank plus 555 wireless setup.
Wireless printer setup using WPS:
Check for the following requirements before starting the WPS process.
- Make sure your wireless router supports WPS and has a WPS button.
- The PC and the printer should be connected to the same network.
- Press the Wireless button on the printer and hold it for more than three seconds. The WPS Push mode starts and the wireless light begins to blink.
- Now, locate the WPS button on your router and press it immediately. The wireless connection will be established between the printer and your router.
HP smart tank plus 555 usb settings
The HP Smart Tank Plus 555 printer can be connected to a computer using a USB cable. This printer has a rear USB 2.0 High speed port which can be used for establishing the connection. If the printer software has been installed on your PC, then the HP Smart Tank Plus 555 will act as a plug-and-play device. If the software has not been installed on your PC, then follow the below steps to connect the printer using the USB cable.
- Download and install the HP Smart Tank Plus 555 printer software from here.
- While installing the software, follow the on-screen instructions. If prompted for connection type, choose USB. The printer will be connected to the PC through the USB cable.
- Continue with the on-screen prompts and complete the USB setup. Finally finish the HP smart tank plus 555 setup.