How To Configure HP Laserjet Pro m126nw Setup?
HP LaserJet Pro M126nw is a multifunctional printer that can print, copy, and scan. This printer supports wireless connectivity and so you can quickly connect any wireless device to it. This printer comes with a wireless LED indicator, a flatbed scanner, and a 15-sheet input tray. You can perform duplex printing using this printer and easily connect your mobile phone with the help of the HP ePrint app or AirPrint. Continue reading this page to configure your HP laserjet pro m126nw setup.
HOW TO COPY?
- To make copies of your original document, place it on the scanner glass.
- Turn on the copier and navigate to the control panel.
- Press the Setup button and choose the number of copies using the navigation keys.
- Ensure that the Number of Copies light is turned on.
- After verifying the copy settings, press the Start Copy button to start copying your original document.
- Printing a document is quite simple on an HP LaserJet Pro M126nw printer.
- Make sure that you have properly connected the printer and the computer via a standard USB cable.
- If you have connected them wirelessly, check the Wi-Fi status on your computer and the Wireless light on your printer’s control panel.
- Load some plain paper into the paper input tray and adjust it correctly with paper width guides.
- On your computer, open the print application and press the shortcut keys to open the print command.
- Choose your printer’s name from the pull-down menu and click the Properties button.
- Configure the print settings in the pop-up window and click OK.
- After verifying the print settings, click Print in the Print dialog box to start printing your document.
- Turn on your printer and place the original document you wish to scan on the scanner glass.
- Connect your printer to your computer using a standard USB cable.
- On your computer, click the Start menu and select Programs HP.
- Select your printer’s name and click on HP Scan.
- Under the scanning shortcuts, configure the required scan settings such as orientation, scan type, document source, and scan quality.
- After ensuring that you have selected the required scan settings, click Scan to scan your original document.
- For advanced scan settings, click on Advanced Settings in the HP Scan window.
- Before starting, set Windows Update to automatically download the driver software by changing the Device installation settings.
- Connect your printer to the computer via a USB cable.
- You can also connect your printer and the computer wirelessly.
- If your computer displays the Found new hardware window, follow the on-screen prompts and install the driver.
- Open the Control Panel and click the Devices and Printers tab.
- Next, click on Add a printer available at the top of the window.
- Select your HP printer in the Add a device window and click Next.
- If your printer’s name is not listed, click on the ‘The printer I want isn’t listed’ link and click Next.
- Enable the Add a local printer or network printer with manual settings radio button and click Next.
- Select the Use an existing port option (if you have connected your printer via a USB cable).
- Click on Windows Update and wait for the printer drivers to be updated.
- Select HP from the Manufacturer pane and click on your printer’s icon under the Printers section.
- Click Next and carry out the on-screen instructions to install the printer driver.
- After completing the HP laserjet pro m126nw driver setup and installation, print a test page to verify the printer functionality.
- First, you have to unpack your printer from the product box and take out the printer supplies.
- Next, remove the protective tapes from the printer and make sure to recycle them.
- Lift/open the scanner unit and remove the protective foam from the cartridge access area.
- Take out the toner cartridge from the printer and gently shake it to distribute the toner ink evenly.
- Pull out the orange clip from the toner cartridge and refix the toner cartridge into the printer.
- Attach the paper input tray with your printer and load some plain paper into it.
- Adjust the loaded paper with paper width guides.
- Connect your printer to an electrical outlet using the supplied power cord and turn on the printer.
- Press the Setup menu on the printer’s control panel and select System Setup.
- Press the OK button and choose your desired language.
- Finally, install the printer software on your computer and verify the printer functionality.
HOW TO PRINT?
HOW TO SCAN?
Using the HP Scan software:
HP LASERJET PRO M126NW PRINTER DRIVER SETTINGS
Installing the Windows built-in printer driver:
HP LASERJET PRO M126NW PRINTER DRIVER DOWNLOAD
You can download the HP LaserJet Pro M126nw printer’s driver by clicking the Driver Download button available on this page. However, you can also download it from the official HP site. When downloading the software from the official HP site, make sure to select the correct printer driver that suits your OS version. HP also offers the Email Link option to share the printer driver through email for installation from different devices.
HP LASERJET PRO M126NW PRINTER INSTALLATION SETTINGS
HP LASERJET PRO M126NW PRINTER SCANNING ISSUES
- Is your HP LaserJet Pro M126nw printer not scanning frequently? Several factors might be causing issues with your scanner.
- Check whether your printer is turned on first and then check the USB or Wireless connection between your printer and the computer.
- Ensure that you have correctly placed the original document on the scanner glass.
- On your computer, remove and reinstall the printer software. To do so, launch the Control Panel app on your Windows computer and click the Programs and Features tab.
- Select Uninstall a program to view the list of installed programs on your computer.
- Select your HP printer from the displayed list and click the Uninstall button at the top to remove the printer driver from your computer.
- Once you have removed the printer driver, visit the official HP site and download the latest printer driver that supports your OS version.
- Follow the on-screen prompts and install it on your computer.
- Try scanning again to check if the problem has been resolved.
- If the problem persists, open Windows Services and check whether the Windows Image Acquisition (WIA) service is running.
- If it has been stopped, right-click on it and select the Start option.
- You can also use the HP Print and Scan Doctor diagnostic tool to identify and resolve the scanning issues automatically.
HP LASERJET PRO M126NW PRINTER PAPER JAM ISSUES
- A Paper Jam error is a common error in all printers that can be easily resolved within a few minutes.
- Sometimes, the paper jam error might be a false error. In such cases, restart your printer to solve it.
- If you detect any paper jammed inside the printer, remove it gently without damaging the printer’s internal parts.
- After clearing the jammed paper, print a configuration page to check if you can print using your printer. to do so, navigate to the printer’s control panel.
- Next, press and hold the Cancel button until the Ready light starts blinking.
- To prevent paper jams in the future, use only printer-supported paper.
- Make sure to adjust the loaded paper with paper width guides while HP laserjet pro m126nw setup.
HP LASERJET PRO M126NW PRINTER WIRELESS SETTINGS
Using the HP Smart app:
- You have to identify the router’s wireless network settings such as SSID and network key before setting up your printer over the wireless network.
- Place your printer closer to the router to reduce Wi-Fi interference.
- Turn on your printer, router, and computer.
- Connect your computer to the same wireless network.
- On your printer’s control panel, press and hold down the Wireless button for at least five seconds to enable the Wireless connectivity.
- Next, go to the router and press the WPS button for at least three seconds.
- You have to complete these steps within two minutes.
- Once your printer has been connected to the wireless network, move on to your computer and download the HP Smart app from the official HP site.
- After completing the download, launch the app and click the Add icon at the top.
- Select the Wireless connection option as your connection type and follow the on-screen prompts to establish the wireless connection between your printer and the computer.
- After completing HP laserjet pro m126nw wireless setup, verify whether you can print remotely from your computer to the printer.
HP LASERJET PRO M126NW PRINTER USB SETTINGS
- Before starting, make sure that you have a standard USB cable handy.
- Remove any previously installed printer drivers on your computer.
- Turn on the printer and prepare it to connect to the computer.
- Ensure that you have completed the basic printer settings.
- On your computer, visit the official HP site and download the HP Easy Start tool that supports your OS version.
- After completing the download, run the downloaded file and agree to the EULA.
- Choose the USB connection option as your connection type and follow the on-screen prompts to establish the connection between your HP LaserJet Pro M126nw printer and the computer.
- Make sure to firmly plug in the USB cable into the computer’s USB port and the printer’s USB port.
- Carry out the rest of the on-screen prompts and complete the USB setup and
HP laserjet pro m126nw setup.